Preparing for a Mammogram
- It is important to eat prior to coming in for your exam! Maintain your regular eating schedule.
- If you have had mammograms at another facility, try to get your x-rays to take with you to your mammogram appointment.
- On the day of the exam, don’t wear deodorant or antiperspirant because they can appear on the x-ray as white spots.
- You may find it more convenient to wear a skirt or pants so that you’ll need to remove only your blouse for the exam.
- Schedule your mammogram when your breasts are not tender or swollen to help reduce discomfort and to assure a good picture. Try to avoid the week just before your period.
- Always describe any breast symptoms or problems that you are having to the technologist doing the mammogram.